The Department of History is extremely grateful to all who have contributed to the History Associates fund and to the various funds that help our terrific undergraduates and graduate students, faculty, and visitors.
How to Give
The Check Writing Approach
You may make out a check for your tax deductible donation to "KUEA" (KU Endowment Association) and mail it directly to:
KU Endowment Association
West Campus - University of Kansas
1891 Constant Avenue
Lawrence, KS 66044-0928
In an accompanying note or on the check itself, you should specify that you want the money to go to the History Department, and you may specify further whether you want the money to go towards one of the funds listed below.
The Online Approach
You may give online by using the buttons below. Online giving is secure, speedy and simple. Click the area you would like to support and you will be redirected to the website of KU Endowment, the non-profit fundraising organization that supports KU.
If you would like more information on which funds could use your money the most, or on how to use your money to create a new fund altogether, please get in touch with the Department of History’s Development Coordinator, Ashley Durkee (email@example.com or (785) 864-9438).
- History Associates Development Fund (general purposes)
- This fund provides an invaluable source of support for faculty and graduate travel to professional conferences after the University's limited funds have run out. Occasionally, the fund is used to entertain visitors and purchase supplies and equipment not provided by state funds.
- Pivotal Events in History
- This fund supports annual events devoted to particular historical turning points. These events will be open to our alumni, friends, students, and general public to attend. They will be held annually, usually in the fall, and will be generally devoted to a historical event which has an important anniversary.
- Grant Goodman Fund (entertainment)
- This fund, created by the generosity of Professor Emeritus Grant Goodman and sustained by several others, serves primarily to assist the Department in holding the annual Fall Convocation and the Spring Awards Banquet, at which we award prizes, make announcements, and generally engage in collegial conviviality. It is also used to supplement very limited state funds provided for entertaining visiting speakers and candidates. These tasks are far from trivial, and we are far from whooping it up with the money.
- Graduate Scholarships and Awards
- George L. Anderson Memorial
- This is fund to provides an award for the most distinguished doctoral dissertation, or for an outstanding undergraduate Honors thesis.
- Oswald P. Backus Memorial
- This fund provides an award for an undergraduate or graduate student in Russian or East European studies, and supports visitors in those fields.
- Lila Atkinson Creighton Scholarship
- This fund supports two students each year, usually one undergraduate and one graduate, on the basis of both excellence and need.
- Arthur and Judith McClure Graduate Scholarship in History
- This fund goes to support graduate students in History.
- Donald R. McCoy Dissertation Research Award
- This fund goes to a student who has completed the comprehensive examinations for the Ph.D.
- Robert and Andrea Oppenheimer Family Award
- This fund goes to two graduate students, one in Latin American History, and one in Latin American Studies.
- Saricks Family Scholarship
- This is an endowed fund providing a graduate fellowship.
- Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards
- Edith Clarke Scholarship
- This fund supports an undergraduate U.S. History major.
- Robert L. Greaves Award
- This fund goes to an outstanding senior history student.
- Anne Stewart Higham Book Award
- This is an endowed fund that provides a prize for book purchases by an outstanding student.
- John E. Longhurst Memorial
- This fund provides an award for the best undergraduate research paper in an area outside of United States history.
- James C. Malin Memorial Scholarship
- This is an endowed fund to provide a scholarship to support an undergraduate History major.
- W. Stitt Robinson-Phi Alpha Theta Award
- This fund provides an award to an outstanding graduating senior History major.
- Maria Palij Memorial
- This is an endowed fund supporting Ukranian studies, and also bringing lecturers and other visitors in this field to campus.
- Jerry Stannard Memorial
- This fund provides provides money for library book purchases.
- Unrestricted Fund
- Your gift can be made as an unrestricted fund contribution to the department, simply specify it go to History.
Questions? Call Ashley Durkee (785) 864-9438 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.